Based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Warlock's Tower is a punishing puzzler with elegantly designed levels around one simple rule - one move equals one life lost. Watch your step!
- Solve 100 diabolically complex rooms! Brain melting puzzles await you in the dungeon, factory, library, private chambers, and warehouse
- Outwit zombies, flying eyes, and slimes! Your ever-diminishing steps are far from the only danger.
- Play with a friend! Option to roll solo or tackle tricky tag team stages with a buddy.
- Feel the 80s! 8-bit flavored graphics and sfx/music make you feel like you're playing GameBoy™ again.
- Become a Mailman hero! Reach the pinnacle of the postal ranks by delivering the letter to the elusive Warlock
In mid-2014, Midipixel was recovering from two blows. One was obviously Brazil's shameful defeat to Germany in the World Cup. The other was that Ygor failed a saving throw and went through health issues that took him out of action for a while. While Werther used Phoenix Down on his friend, restoring the game designer to life wasn't enough. After those traumatizing events, the duo needed to restore their full vitality with a new and shiny project. Something nice and simple... something that could be concluded in a couple of months. Needless to say, nice and simple was all they got. But it was good enough! After some prototyping, it became clear that a puzzle game where each step could kill the player was a concept worth exploring. Add a evil warlock to the mix, and you have Warlock's Tower! While struggling to parallelize client work with the game's development, the two man party was able to finish three floors worth of levels, and then the project came to a halt. Some game jams and more client work later, something happened that would motivate Werther and Ygor to resume development: the game was nominated for three categories in Brazil's most important games award! And it won two of them!! Competing with heavyweight games! Since then, Midipixel has been fully commited to Warlock's Tower, and as such, development has been steadily evolving. So much that it may very well be that the game will hit the stores in 2016!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Game Design Award" - SBGames 2015
- "Best Game in Production Award" - SBGames 2015
- "Nominated for Best Game" - SBGames 2015
- "While levels start out fairly straightforward, Warlock’s Tower quickly develops into a deep and challenging puzzler."
- Joe Donnelly, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Sometimes, a puzzle game needs only one clever conceit to go from ordinary to fantastic, and Warlock's Tower seems to have just that."
- Tasos Lazarides, Touch Arcade
- "Warlock’s Tower is a wonderful old-school puzzle game, it is only relaxing if you like torturing your brain."
- Uncle Willy, Digital Crack Network
- "It’s a fun and addictive little game, full of bite-sized puzzles that require some real foresight and planning to conquer. This mailman really is going above and beyond the call of duty in this charming and challenging puzzler!"
- Jupiter Hadley, Alpha Beta Gamer
About Midipixel Studio
Midipixel Studio is an award-winning Brazilian indie game company by Werther Azevedo and Ygor Speranza, two friends with years of experience with interactive entertainment and a varied set of skills and tastes. Both truly love what they do, and are probably going to die a happy death while doing it.
More information on Midipixel Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here
Warlock's Tower Credits
Artist, Composer/Sound Designer, Level Designer
Developer and Game Designer